Wednesday, September 24, 2014

To blog or not to blog?

Hello blogging world!

This is a very new and very scary world to me. Blogging is something I have never done and honestly something I never thought I would ever do! My heart is pounding, and my fingers are stumbling all over the key board! Thank goodness for spell check, however I'll still probably miss some. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation have never been something I was very good at. Well actually English in general has never been a strength of mine! So those of you who are easily annoyed by that you have been warned! haha

So your probably wondering why on earth I am entering this blogging world if, from what I wrote above, I have little skill and a lot of fear. The truth is I'm not even sure myself. I would love to share about my life. What lessons I have learned so far and different challenges I have faced. I have very few challenges in my life compared to a lot of people in this world, but rather then compare, I hope simply to use my challenges to encourage all of you.

To start I would like you to know a little about me. I am married to an extremely supportive husband. A man, I feel, that was hand picked by God just for me. He is definitely not a perfect human being, just perfect for me! He loves me unconditionally and because of that he challenges me in many ways. He challenges me in my faith and calls me out when I'm in the wrong. He also steps back when there are lessons I need to learn on my own. All of which cause huge amounts of frustration at times, who really likes to be called out or challenged, and when you feel like your in over your head who doesn't want someone to come along side you and lift your burden. The truth is my husband always leaves room for God to be my ultimate strength, comfort and support. My husband will always be by my side, my God given rock in this world. Gods earthly example to me of strength, love, and loyalty. I know he was placed in my life by God, definitely not to be my God.

I am an unemployed mother of two. Wow that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one!! haha My 24/7 job is to me a mom to my two amazing little boys. They provide me with a ton of strength and motivation as well as exhaustion and worry. I always heard that once you become a mom you will never stop worrying, worrying about everything from what they are going wear to if your effort to instill good values is sinking in, and SO much more. This has definitely proved true for me, I so badly want the best for my boys that I often forget that they aren't really mine. God has actually intrusted these incredible little boys to my husband and I to raise, that's huge! (but also incredible humbling.) As much as I want the best for them I can times that by a million and I still haven't come close to what God wants for them. I merely have to be willing to facilitate the bigger plan and watch while my sweet boys start catching it. Like the time when I was getting frustrated, scratch that, I was full out blowing up because there was cereal ALL over the kitchen floor. To make it worse they had both walked through the cereal, it was crushed into little pieces and tracked around the rest of the main floor of our house. As I began cleaning up and starting to lecture the boys on how getting the cereal out was a mommy job, my ears were starting to actually smoke with rage! My oldest son looked and me and said, "Mom, I'm going to pray that you wont get so angry." He sat down on the floor and folded his hands, the way I beg him too at the dinner table, and started praying out loud. I don't think that there is anything in the world that motivates you to be a better mom then when you hear your own child praying for you. The smoke from my ears instantly stopped, my heart was so moved that I couldn't help but sit down on the floor next to my little man and pray with him! I asked for forgiveness from him and God, together we cleaned up the mess of cereal.

This is what I hope for anyone reading this. I hope you see that I am a really women, someone trying to live for the call I have been given, wife and mom. I hope you are encouraged, inspired, challenged and want to grow with me. In future posts I want to share some of the many things God has been teaching in my life, especially the last year and a half. We are all human and the only way to get by day to day is admit that and love that! By grace we aren't expected to be more then human, but by faith we are able to be much more then human.

God Bless.

~Shauna~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIqE-Mxx1g

No comments:

Post a Comment